Do i have to report my unemployment -

Mdes - Unemployment FAQs

The best way to get answers to your unemployment questions is to: Locate the information in the Unemployment Insurance FAQs, contact UI either online or by phone. Mail a letter to: Employment Development Department, pO Box 826880 uipcd, MIC 40, sacramento, CA, where is my UI benefit payment? The short answer is yes, unemployment income is taxable. Since unemployment income is treated as normal income, the amount is taxable. Heres an excerpt form the Internal Revenue Service web site: Unemployment compensation is includible in gross income. A new or reopened claim takes effect the Sunday of the week you contact the EDD. This means you must contact the EDD during the first week you want to claim benefits.

To avoid this possibility, you may want to call on Wednesday or Thursday, which are our least busy days. Statewide increased demand for UI services, seasonal fluctuations and holidays contribute to a longer wait time when calling the Department. Mail the letter to: UI Consolidated Service Center - North, pO Box 269017, sacramento, CA 95826 OR UI Consolidated Service Center - South PO Box 19010 San Bernardino, CA 92423 How do I check on my claim status? Claimants who wish to change their address cannot do so while using EDD Tele-CertSM certification method. Phone : You can also report an address or phone number change by phone. Contact UI and we will change your address while youre on the phone. We will mail a paper copy of the requested information to you within 10 business days. Select Unemployment Insurance, Other, and Print Out of Claim. You may also call EDD and request a copy of your claim records.

I just received a Notice of Overpayment (DE 1444). Can someone explain it to me? A Notice of Overpayment is mailed to claimants who have been paid benefits they were not eligible to receive.